1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved USB Flash stick

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mteddywest, Nov 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mteddywest

mteddywest Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A6-6310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics, AMD64 Family 22 Model 48 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 11198 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) R4 Graphics, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 929 GB (629 GB Free);
    Motherboard: HP, 80B3
    Antivirus: Bitdefender Antivirus Free Antimalware, Enabled and Updated

I have a Monster Digital 16GB flash stick that everytime I plug it in I get Windws has detected errors. You run fix errors it says their are no errors. The flash stick seems to work fine,is it going bad ? is their a way to stop Windows from putting up this message evertime? I have Formated the Flask does no good.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Often when I plug in my usb stick, Win 10 asks me to format the stick before I can use it. Of course I didn't do that. I just re-insert the stick and it works fine. I think it has something to do with the USB receptacle being a bit loose.

3. mteddywest

When I unplug it and plug it back in, the error message keeps coming up.I have tried it on another laptop and it does not do it.

4. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

Are you using the Safely Remove function or just unplugging it?
    And/or did you check the box to automatically fix problems when it prompts you to check for errors?

5. raymondvanwyk

raymondvanwyk

last time i checked you dont need to select Safely Remove Device on things like a ssd or flash drive same goes for some if not most newer HDD externals

6. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

Many of the antivirus packages are, by default, set to automatically scan USB drives and, if they are in active use, yanking them out will leave the dirty bit set.

7. mteddywest

I use the safely remove just a habit,auto fix is checked. I did disble Bitdefender Free and it does not do it, so re enabled it I waited a while after I used it and it is fine it must have something to do With Bitdefender just a matter now of finding out how long I have to wait. (thanx everyone)

8. raymondvanwyk

raymondvanwyk

i prefer kaspersky and malwarebytes, gives me less problems and is more secure, and both have a free trial that is easy to renew :p

9. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

There ought to be an option in BitDefender to stop current scan and/or disable the automatic scanning of USB devices.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219630

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice