1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

usb flash

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aljoken, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aljoken

aljoken Thread Starter

I have had a usb 2.0 portable drive bought for me and I know how to use it.
    I have xp and when I need to transfer a web page to the device I dont know were to start.
    Please help a brain dead pensioner.:confused:

2. griffinspc

griffinspc

If you want to create just a shortcut to a web page on the drive then just right click anywhere on the web page and choose "Create Shortcut". That will place a shortcut to that web page on your PCs desktop. You can then copy the shortcut to the flash drive. Click on the thumbnail below to see the box that will open when you click "Create Shortcut".

If you want to save the page as an offline file you can click File / Save As and accept the default type and save it to any location you want including your new drive. Does that help?

PS: Welcome to the board and I'm hoping to be a brain dead pensioner some day :D

Attached Files:

3. aljoken

aljoken Thread Starter

Hi been away from computer for awhile, read your thread, it worked just fine thanks a lot

4. griffinspc

griffinspc

You're welcome. You can mark this thread solved with the thread tools at the top.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538069

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice