1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Flashdrive Repair

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Sarta80, Nov 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarta80

Sarta80 Thread Starter

Hello,

I got an issue with my USB Flashdrive, when I put it into my Mac it shows the error " The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer". I already tried my USB with another Mac and it showed the same error. I don't want to loose the usb files and folders that I had in my USB but I don't know if there is a way to backup my files without the USB been recognised. Can you show me a step by step guide on how to not loose my data in the USB and how to format the USB so I can use it again and be recognized back in my Macbook pro?

Thanks,

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Many USB flash drives are not reliable enough for permanent storage. It's like paper cone cup ... which don't last very long.

You might try Ontrack.

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    If you format, you will lose all the data.

Were the sticks ever recognized by the Mac?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218961

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice