1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB headset cutting out at random times

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sigfig, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sigfig

Sigfig Thread Starter

The headset in question is a Creative HS-1200 wireless headset.

For the past few days my wireless headset audio has been cutting out at completely random times. It is plugged in to a USB port on the side of my laptop and the light indicator on the wireless dongle thing stays on but all audio cuts out. I don't think it's the internal soundcard because unplugging the USB headset switches audio directly over to internal speakers and has no problem. Plugging the headset back in causes it to work again, but it will inevitable cut off later. I have seen no correlation between processor/ram usage and the audio cutting out, as it has happened while just pushing the little audio volume icon in the taskbar to test, with nothing else open. It might be just creative's drivers but updating them doesn't change anything.

The laptop in question is an alienware M15X with the following specs:
    CPU: Intel COre 2 Duo @ 2.4 GHz
    GPU: Nvidia 8800M GTX 512MB VRAM
    RAM: 2GB DDR2
    Soundcard: some Realtek integrated chip, have been unable to locate specific model

The headset in question is a Creative HS-1200 wireless headset.

Can anyone help me figure out what is the problem?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921532

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice