USB Help! Don't have one yet though..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Codemaster

I have a Joystick, but my computer doesn't put out enough volts. If I get a USB Port will that help? Also whats there price range, where does it go?... Tell me everything.:( :(

Codemaster

Please. All I'm looking for is some info of where I can get one, how much, what types..

Max19

Account Disabled
Your joystick plugs into the game port on your sound card.

Codemaster

Yeah. Thats why I'm posting here. My sound card or whatever doesn't give out enough power!

Max19

Account Disabled
The joystick is supposed to connect to your sound card. You can't connect it to your USB port.

How do you know your sound card doesn't have enough power? I've never heard of that happening. If the joystick doesn't work connected to your game port, then maybe the joystick is broken and needs to be replaced.

Codemaster

Look. I bought a BRAND NEW joystick. Plugged it into the only 15port left., but when I went to calibrate it it said it wasn't connected!

settle down there buddy...

Originally posted by Codemaster
Plugged it into the only 15port left
what do you mean the only one left? you should only have one. (ok, two if you have an aftermarket soundcard in there, but only one of them will work... onboard will be disabled)

hummm... are you plugging it in to the right one? Do you use a PCI soundcard or an onboard one? If you use PCI, then you have to plug it into that one, not into the onboard. It will be disabled.

have you added anything to your computer since you got it, say a sound card perhaps? Are you plugging the joystick into a plug that is horizontal on the bottom of the back of your computer, or vertical up near the PS/2 mouse and serials, ect? I know this is rare, but I have to suggest it... the joystick could be defective. Is the plug you plug into near the audio jacks? Go into your control panel and check the device manager. Check to make sure the drivers for the gameport and joystick are there and are ok. Make sure the device wasn't disabled.

Max19

Account Disabled
Look at the back of your computer for small round holes that look like headphone jacks. Your speakers are probably plugged into one of them. Right next to/on top of those holes is a port that the joystick plugs into.

Perhaps you're confusing the game port with COM ports. They look similar, but you will only have one game port. Do you have other game devices such as a game pad?

Codemaster

ok. I have a RaiderPro Joystick. I install it how it says, but it says it's not connected. I have a Pentium with about 22 megs of ram. I am running windows 98. Anything else?

Codemaster

Ok. I'm plugging it into the right port. I'm sure. It's vertical near the speakers. Wheres the device manager?

Max19

Account Disabled
After you connected it, did you reboot? It should automatically be detected. Have you tried using it to see if it works or not?

To get to Device Manager, right-click My Computer, and click Properties. Then click the Device Manager tab.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online