USB Host Controller - Error 19

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bowmar

Hi All,
I believe my computer had a virus and damaged windows xp home installation, most motherboard devices were showing the error message. I have completed a XP Repair and have got all devices working except for USB Host Controllers and thus the USB Ports.
When i go to 'Device Manager' and click the USB Controllers i get the yellow triangle / exclamation mark.
"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)".
I have deleted devices and scanned for hardware changes - no change.
Completed Second Repair - No Change
SP2 & SP3 - No Change.
Can i get ports working again or perhaps are ports unrepairable ?
Really can't format at this point.

Any Ideas guys ?

Thanks in Advance:confused:

bowmar

Yes enabled in BIOS, they wouldn't be seen in Device Manager if they were disabled in BIOS !!!
I did disable in BIOS restart then enable again, system then finds and installs but still same error message.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts