1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Hub Power Adapter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rayearle, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rayearle

rayearle Thread Starter

I bought a Dynex USB 2.0 4-Port Hub last week and have decided to add an external power supply to power the hub. The short and terse User Manual notes on the final page that a 5Volt / 2.5 Amp Power Adapter may be connected. I called their customer support number and talked to a lady, but her best advice was return to the store and ask there. My experience with this store over the years has been fat chance for this kind of request. Has anyone got a suggestion as to where I can purchase such a USB Power Adapter?

2. norton850

norton850

Radio Shack would be a good place to start although you might have to get one of their adjustable models. A Google search should also turn up something. Actually I just replaced my D-Link powered USB1 hub with a USB2 model. The old one is just sitting around and it has a 5V 2.4A adapter. If you want it so you can use the adapter just PM me and I'll send it to you.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Since the various hubs have different power connectors, the best advice is probably the Radio Shack suggestion. Their universal supplies have multiple connectors that you can use to adapt to the specific situation.

4. rayearle

rayearle Thread Starter

Thanks. I think Radio Shack might be a good place to look. I had done an extensive Google search prior to posting, but had gotten frustrated with the results.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436112