1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB hub problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by danno74, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danno74

danno74 Thread Starter

I bought a 4 port self powered USB hub. I got the thing connected and the drivers installed themselves on my W2K machine. I started plugging things in, nothing would become detected. The USB ports on my mobo were working with my other devices, and the device manager showed nothing wrong with my "generic usb hub", but nothing would work. being desperate to figure it out, I unplugged the power from the hub. Windows detected in the device manager I had unplugged it and displayed it from being self powered to being powered by the bus.

Now everything I plug into it WORKS... why is that? I have a 400 watt system with little connected to it, so I'm not too worried about the power, but if I bought a self powered hub, I would like it to be that. I bought it at a computer show, the brand name is InterAct, both websites they have on the box and I found on google are not working...

Help, please! Thanks...

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    So when the hub has the A/C adaptor plugged in it doesn't work? is it the right adaptor?

Sounds like a case for warranty to me.

3. danno74

danno74 Thread Starter

Correct when plugged in it is detected but doesn't work, the adapter came with it. I can live with it I guess, I paid $14 for it, I don't think the postage would be worth it...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169567

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice