1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB-IEEE1284 (DB36) driver not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chueh, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chueh

chueh Thread Starter

I have a printer using LPT 1 port (parallel port) connected to my old computer. Now, I am connecting the printer to my laptop. Since my laptop does not have parallel port jack but UBS. I bought a USB to Printer cable (USB to DB36/ IEEE 1284) connectin the printer directly to the laptop. The cable came with a driver cd. The laptop did not recognize the new hardware, so I popped the cd in. The cd did not run by itself. I opened the cd up to see what's the content. There is nothing looking like I could run with it, except setup.exe. I licked the setup.exe. Nothing happened. There must be something wrong with the cd.

Then, I went to HP official website to try to download the printer driver, but all it says is asking me to go to the control panel and add a new printer..etc. ,which I have done a million times already. Nothing is working. I tried LPT1 port, as my old computer used; it did not work on the laptop. I tried adding new port IEEE1284; nothing happened. I tried adding new port db36; nothing worked......

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753716

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice