1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Image flashing problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by prohank, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. prohank

prohank Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have Windows XP and Ubuntu installed on my system.
    I burned clonezilla iso file on my pendrive with FAT32 format using tuxboot for backing up one of my drives.
    But on booting from the usb I can't select anything from keyboard, I can only see the main screen image.
    Surprisingly,on the grub menu however I can choose which OS to boot(if booted from the system)also Cd's are booting fine.
    Actually I don't want to burn CD's everytime because there is a new update very often and it would be a waste of money.
    Please Help.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thank you very much.

P.S.sorry posted in windows 7 section in a hurry.
    Can this post be redirected?

2. ETech7

ETech7

CD-RW ROMs?

3. prohank

prohank Thread Starter

Nah dude...
    My pc is 6 years old and the writing process takes about 15 mins.also I can't do anything in that time frame.
    Whereas pen drives take hardly 5 mins for unpacking and burning.
    Anyways that's not the solution I was looking for.
    Can you help me solve the usb problem?

4. ETech7

ETech7

I was suggesting to get a rewritable disc, if it works with CDs and you don't want to burn new ones for updates.

5. prohank

prohank Thread Starter

Ya,I had edited my post without noticing your reply and my bandwidth dropped so it took some time to get it posted.
    This topic is still not closed guys.
    anyone here to help?
    Noticed a strange thing that my Time is changing automatically to 10 Feb 12:00AM on startup.
    Does this mean my BIOS is corrupted?I really have no idea that it could be such a thing that can get corrupted just assuming.
    Even after changing the date/time values from BIOS they get reseted to Feb 10.
    I think this could also be the reason behind usb-boot not working as it should.
    Any suggestions?

6. raybro

raybro

The date/time change suggests your CMOS battery is dieing. Do you know where it is and how to change it?

7. prohank

prohank Thread Starter

Yup.Should I buy a new one?
    When I Boot from the USB-ZIP the CMOS now gives a beep.
    and whenever it beeps everything in BIOS gets resetted.
    Getting a new battery will solve the usb booting problem too?
    or we have to do something else for it?

8. raybro

raybro

Don't know if it will solve the booting problem, but you should put a new one in anyway.

BTW... If you have changed any settings in your BIOS you should make a record of it so you can put it back the way you had it. Removing the battery and installing a new one will reset the BIOS to default settings.

9. prohank

prohank Thread Starter

ok,will do.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088157

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice