1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

usb in phenix bios

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by grybeard22, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. grybeard22

grybeard22 Thread Starter

My sister got an argus digital camera for xmas....grrrr

Anyway she is attempting to use it with the usb cable and she gets the error that the usb port on the puter needs to be enabled.

She has an Hp pavilion with pheniox bios and I have been over and over in this thing and cannot find anywhere to enable the usb port for this thing.....can anyone give me a hand here?

Thanks

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Grybeard:

I'm assuming that she has at least Windows 98SE installed and not Windows 95 OSR2.

My HP 8160 has a Phoenix BIOS 4.06, but it's 5-1/2 years old and most likely has a different BIOS setup than your sister's HP has. If there is an "Advanced" heading in the BIOS, go into the "I/O Device Configuration" settings and see if it can be enabled from there. You might poke around elsewhere in the BIOS setup, but be careful that you don't accidentally change anything.

Also, go into the Device Manager and check the USB controller and root hub property settings and make sure that they're not disabled there.

Good luck.

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips

3. grybeard22

grybeard22 Thread Starter

thanks flavlalee for the response

Sorry was late when I posted this an wasnt thinking ....it is win98
    and the sys is about 5 yrs old.

I have been to the advanced tab and the I/o config and not a thing there about usb ports .
    when you go into device manager it is listed there and is not disabled......Im stumped now .....thanks for the advice thou...going to poke around on it somemore today and see if I can find it

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112240

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice