1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB in win95a????????

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by gaimer, Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gaimer

gaimer Thread Starter

Has anyone made a driver to run usb in 95a? If so please post a link where to download it. My boss is getting a digital camera for X-mas and I picked up a pci usb card for his p133 computer. Its an old Amptron with 32 megs of ram which is probably one of the best old boards I've seen. An upgrade to 95b or 98se aren't desirable options but may be a last resort. Would 98 slow things down on this old box? It seems like this box was made more for win95.

2. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

There is no USB support for Win95a. Sorry.

3. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

Yes, the computer will run slower with Windows 98 installed. No, there's no USB support for Windows 95a. Depending on the camera, it may only be compatible with Windows 98 or later. It may be a nice old board, but it's too old to run new hardware. There are some great new boards on the market.

4. john1

john1

I believe you can get them for parallel port operation.
    They are usually a little dearer.
    Best of luck,
    John

5. jbcalg

jbcalg

sandisk makes a reader in parallel and usb

i have the usb, the parallel is a little pricier and - obviously - doesn't work as fast but it works

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62356

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice