USB in win95a????????

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gaimer

Has anyone made a driver to run usb in 95a? If so please post a link where to download it. My boss is getting a digital camera for X-mas and I picked up a pci usb card for his p133 computer. Its an old Amptron with 32 megs of ram which is probably one of the best old boards I've seen. An upgrade to 95b or 98se aren't desirable options but may be a last resort. Would 98 slow things down on this old box? It seems like this box was made more for win95.

Max19

Account Disabled
Yes, the computer will run slower with Windows 98 installed. No, there's no USB support for Windows 95a. Depending on the camera, it may only be compatible with Windows 98 or later. It may be a nice old board, but it's too old to run new hardware. There are some great new boards on the market.

I believe you can get them for parallel port operation.
They are usually a little dearer.
Best of luck,
John

sandisk makes a reader in parallel and usb

i have the usb, the parallel is a little pricier and - obviously - doesn't work as fast but it works

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online