1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB jump drive with two partitions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tat2, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tat2

tat2 Thread Starter

Thanks in advance.

I have a USB jump drive that has two partitions. One partition has a small program that is used to create a password needed to access what ever data is placed there. I don't need it, the program or the extra partition, they only take up room. When inserted into the USB port is shows up as two different removable drives. Is it possible to get rid of that program and make just one large partition? If so how would one go about doing that?

2. jackdw

jackdw

I had a program like this once. Install the program, it mgiht have the partition options in there.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If it's like the one I have, that partition is there permanently. I have the Disk2Go FLASH drive, but there are others that are similar. I also looked at getting rid of the partition, no dice. OTOH, it's only a minor annoyance. :)

4. tat2

tat2 Thread Starter

Thanks for your replies.
    Yeah the program is on the partition and I made that partition as small as I possibly could via that program. But as JohnWill remarked it's an annoyance.

5. jackdw

jackdw

On my old (old old old) drive, I could have a security sector and a public sector, two public sectors+security or just normal.
    It was an option in the program. Are you sure theres not something like that in yours?

6. tat2

tat2 Thread Starter

Thanks again jackdw
    No, just a security sector that I have made as small as possible and a public sector is the remainder. I'll just live with it, could still be using floppies, so it could be worse.

7. jackdw

jackdw

Fair enough. I know it can be a darn pain when memory stick don't work....

8. tat2

tat2 Thread Starter

Thanks again jackdw,
    I have two of these drives, got them for cheap. What bugs me the most is that the darn thing shows up as two removable drives. If I copy/move to the smaller partition my wife knows because I start using that "special" vocabulary. She doesn't even have to be in the same room. LOL.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540095

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice