1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

usb key partioning problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pig in a barrel, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pig in a barrel

pig in a barrel Thread Starter

i bought a 1GB usb key and i installed damn small linux on it which went fine but it has created itself a 50mb partion and left the rest unpartionable and i cant delete the partion to start again so im left with no room to put my other stuff on.:confused:

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

3. pig in a barrel

pig in a barrel Thread Starter

when i tried formatting it with the format tool it said it was write protected and then stopped i checked it in my computer and it said it wasnt formatted and then formatted itself and now the unpartioned space is useable but the 50mb in the original partion is not detected by the computer now in disk manager or anything so im happier but i would still like to have all the space

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539846

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice