USB keyboard keys won't work. Stuck at splash screen.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GloryStan

Product Information

Problem Type:

Others

Model Name:

X99 Extreme4

BIOS Version:

P2.00

»Configuration

CPU:

Intel core i7 5820k

Memory:

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4x8)

Video Card:

Zotac Geforce 980 Ti Amp! Edition ,PCIE

SSD/HDD:

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB,SATA

ODD:

Is not installed yet because of problem

Other Devices:

»Subject

USB keyboard won't work on first boot

»Problem Description

I've tried everything from resetting CMOS to clicking all the keys and putting the keyboard in before starting the PC but nothing works. The keyboard light (NUM lock light) is on but the keys won't work, all I can see is the Asrock logo and the "Press" options but I cannot proceed because the keys don't work please help. I've tried with both PS/2 and USB keyboard and mouse. I've resseated the RAM many times too. Everything is functional but the keys on the keyboards which makes me not able to enter any kind of bios. I am stuck at this splash screen with the ASRock logo and the many options it offers that I can't access.

GloryStan

Tried all different combinations of the USB ports with 3 different keyboards and mouses , same for PS/2, but to no avail it still does the same thing :/

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
I would think there's a problem with the motherboard at this point. But I'm not sure...

GloryStan

It is pretty confusing indeed, it's such a simple looking problem, which makes it frustrating, even the keyboard light up but it's just the keys :/ I guess I'll have to RMA haha

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
Honestly, I would rma and then IF it happens to the new board too you can resume your thread here and we'll know its not the board....keep me posted

GloryStan

Got second mobo, still does the same thing , could this be a graphics card thing?

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
You need to follow crjdrivers' guide to troubleshooting builds here. I guarantee if you follow his instructions you WILL find the problem.

At this point it will require troubleshooting on your part to determine what is bad, however unlikely it could still be a bad board once again. We have seen that before. What's the board manufacturer by the way?

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
I kinda figured you were gonna say that...AsRock boards are really low quality and don't last too long

GloryStan

Man I should of known , it's horrible how many people were recommending this one to me , what do you think I should get for a good X99? I took out the CMOS and am waiting , tried everything else in the guide

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
Read this

Just don't use the AsRock recommendation obviously.

Rob and CrjDriver are the resident hardware "nerds" here and could provide a detailed recommendation for a specific motherboard

Honestly, since you've tried everything in the guide its best bet to get another board.

Edit:
Who was recommending that board to you? Whoever it was, I wouldn't rrly to much on their advice if they are recommending cheap and unreliable parts.

GloryStan

This couldn't RAM or the CPU I guess? Man this is truly an horrible brand if I've got this twice, I've tried 2 graphics cards on it. Idk PSU is powering everything. This is some utter crap haha , I'll just RMA again and buy from another brand I guess

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online