1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

usb keyboard on boot

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ameshr, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ameshr

ameshr Thread Starter

hi friends,
    my ps2 port of keyboard is not working, so i am using a usb keyboard but problem is it doesnt work on boot up, so my problems are
    - i can't enter boot options
    -in case of some unwanted shutdowns nnot able to select right options

what can i do? suggest me

my system config is as follows
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3325 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 39 GB (7 GB Free); D: 109 GB (21 GB Free); H: 931 GB (96 GB Free);
    Motherboard:
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    It may be that your motherboard does not support USB operation until software drivers are loaded.

Is the keyboard PS/2 socket not working on the computer or is your PS/2 keyboard not working? In the first case, you could try plugging the PS/2 keyboard in the PS/2 mouse socket on the motherboard. In the second case, a fairly inexpensive USB to PS/2 plug adapter may allow you to use the USB keyboard through the computer's PS/2 keyboard port. A note of caution, some adapters may not work with some keyboards and or motherboards.

ameshr likes this.
  3. ameshr

ameshr Thread Starter

I guess its Ps2 ports, i have already bought new keyboard assuming my old keyboard is not working but its port, tried on mouse port too, but no luck, will give it a try again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1190534

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice