1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Keyboard problems.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by N.Lundell, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N.Lundell

N.Lundell Thread Starter

Now I've worked in tech support for a very long time, and this is by far the most irritating problem I've run into. I've done everything in my realm of knowledge to fix this, and now I need some help...

I'm running WindowsXP Home on a dual core Athlon 3800, with an MSI K8 Neo Platinum motherboard. I don't know if any of these devices have anything to do with it. But, whenever I restart my computer my usb keyboard will NOT detect. I have a logitech 710 wireless mouse and keyboard set, I had this same problem with a Saitek gaming keyboard, I thought it was the keyboard so I just ended up throwing it out, but now its doing the same thing with this keyboard. Whenever I plug the wireless usb device into any usb port on my computer it makes a horrible four dull beeping noises, rather than the normal usb detection noise. They mouse works FINE they keyboard even has some semblence of funcitonality, the media keys work, the volume up down mute keys WORK they are detected, but any of the actual keypad buttons will not work.

I have checked the HID services, they are running, I have checked the bios, everything is set as it should be in order to work with a USB keyboard. The only way I can get my keyboard to work is to leave it plugged in during the boot process and unplug it before it gets to loading the OS then plug it back in once the operating system is fully loaded, this is the ONLY way I can get it to read the keyboard. I don't want to do this everytime I want to restart my computer, Please help!! I will babysit this thread until I can get an answer, so if I left out a tidbit of info just ask for it and I will respond promptly. Thanks to all who help.

-Nicole

2. sultan_emerr

sultan_emerr Banned

Don't feel too bad. I've seen a lot of logitech problems posted in different forums recently.

Logitech Forums

3. N.Lundell

N.Lundell Thread Starter

Its not the keyboard though... because I had the same problem with a hard wired USB keyboard from Saitek.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/506435

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice