Solved USB Lost Files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Aissux3

Hi,

I was having issues with my USB, it wouldn't let me copy anything into it. So I gave into the popup menu which was asking me to scan and fix. So I did that so it will auto replace the file names that had errors in it. Excellent news is that I can copy things into the USB. However, I noticed a lost some of my important photo files! I do not have a copy of those anywhere else. The ones on my USB were my last backup.. Is there a way that I can retrieve the old files back?

Please respond ASAP,

Thank you for your time.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I was having issues with my USB
USB what? Am I safe to assume that you are talking about some kind of USB Thumb or Flash storage device?

If so, a free date recovery program from EaseUS may help you recover the missing file. It has be a little while since I have had a need to use it, but it did save me some time with recovering files from a possibly corrupted folder on a USB thumb drive.
http://www.easeus.com/resource/drive/usb-flash-drive.htm

As a side note, your should be storing important files on more storage devices or locations than just a single USB drive.

Aissux3

USB what? Am I safe to assume that you are talking about some kind of USB Thumb or Flash storage device?

If so, a free date recovery program from EaseUS may help you recover the missing file. It has be a little while since I have had a need to use it, but it did save me some time with recovering files from a possibly corrupted folder on a USB thumb drive.
http://www.easeus.com/resource/drive/usb-flash-drive.htm

As a side note, your should be storing important files on more storage devices or locations than just a single USB drive.
Ah yes, USB Memory Stick, a storage device. Alright, I'll try and download that and see how it goes. Thank you for the advice.

T4tlrman

Terry
Chuck,
I was reluctant to use Onedrive, a.k.a. "the cloud" for storage for a long time, mainly because I didn't have time to learn what it was.
Now I love it.
On occasion I delete first & think later. Then panic!
With a cloud account those mistakes are easy to correct.
Sign me,
"On the cloud & lovin' it!"
How about you?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Ah yes, USB Memory Stick, a storage device. Alright, I'll try and download that and see how it goes. Thank you for the advice.
You're welcome. Let us know if the software works for you or if you found another solution.

How about you?
I run nightly backups to an external USB HDD for my home computer. Important files, like yearly tax records, get put into an encrypted ZIP file and and sent to my Gmail account.

Aissux3

You're welcome. Let us know if the software works for you or if you found another solution.
I found a secondary backup on my other laptop. The EaseUS worked too, however it only allowed me to recover part of it, due to the 2GB limit. Thanks for the help.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You're welcome. Glad to hear you had a backup.

T4tlrman

Terry
I run nightly backups to an external USB HDD for my home computer. Important files, like yearly tax records, get put into an encrypted ZIP file and and sent to my Gmail account.
That's great Chuck.
I back up personal, private, and confidential files to an external storage device.
For pictures, non-personal documents, favorites, downloads, etcetera, etcetera ~ I use the cloud.
I guess you don't have much use for it. Nuff said.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online