1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

usb mass storage problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pcnut, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcnut

pcnut Thread Starter

hello all i have what i consider a hard problem but someone here can help me with. i puchased a usb 2.0 mass storage h/d. been using it for a while with no problems, i let a friend borrow it for loading some files, format and reload saved files. he told me that he installed what he wanted to keep, then formatted his hardrive with mine still plugged in. when he attempted to use it after the reloade windows would not allicate a drive letter for the drive. i think the hardrive just needs formatted and re-partitioned, but i can't figure out how too do it because there is no signature to the drive. i have tried usb boot drivers for dos and got an error usb target not found. the drive does show up in devise manager but i can't access from windows. i am running windows 2k pro on service pack 4 , the format was done with win xp pro corperate. all i want too no is how too resetup the drive. any answers would be appreciated. thanks THE NUT. :confused:

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Right click on My Computer, select Manage, and open Disk Management. You can add, delete, format, etc. from there.

3. pcnut

pcnut Thread Starter

dude you the man, i have been asking this on serveral differant forums for a week and no one could answer. thank allot now i know where to go for real help. thank again dude :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220135

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice