USB mass storage

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mgp

Windows xp SP3
32 bit
Intel celeron R 1.7 ghz
mother board Abit BD7 II

Hi, and thanks in advance.

I have been searching hard for this USB mass storage device driver. Just staring at my device driver window with that yellow ( ! ) has given me an empty void in my life that needs to be filled.

And believe me it's even tougher to find on Google. I've run into false files claiming to be the driver. My usb slot has been treating me like crap for a heck of a long time now. It's time it to meet its maker. So Alas i have given up and decided to ask the pros for some help. Can you help me with this issue?

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Did you install the Intel 845 chipset drivers?

Mgp

yup i did

I guess the mass storage device was not with the installation pack for some reason or some other reason.

Thanks for your quick response by the way...

You might try www.driverguide.com. The site is free to use but you must register to use it. I have relied on this site off and on for more than 5 years. They have never let me down.
Vicks

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Disconnect all externally connected devices, especially USB connected devices and see if the item disappears. If it does then it one of those devices and should be easy enough to narrow down and then find teh right driver. If its still there, do you have any internal card readers?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online