1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Microphone Being Recognized Half Way? Video Included!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Tanner8, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tanner8

Tanner8 Thread Starter

Hello, I am having an issue getting my microphone working. I used to have the logitech USB mic about a year ago and that worked great, then one day it stopped working. I tried fixing it for a while but couldn't figure it out, so I gave up on it. The mic was not the problem because it worked perfectly fine on other computers. Recently a came across another brand USB mic so I decided I would give that a try also, this just doesn't work either. I am having the same problem.

The problem is that when I plug it in, it recognizes and installs the drivers (USB Audio Device). When I go into recording on sound options, it shows the mic there as the default device. Now when I click it, the levels tab is just blank. Also I cannot make any changes to the microphone such as "Listen to this device" etc, none of the options will stick. If I go into windows sound recording for example, it will tell me "An audio recording device cannot be found".

To trouble shoot this issue, I uninstalled the USB port it is plugged into, tried it again. I tried this with multiple ports front and back. I then tried uninstalling USB Audio Device drivers, then when I plug the mic in, it installs everything again. It does it all successfully, no errors, but then it doesn't give me a working mic.

I made a video demonstrating the problem. The quality isn't too good but you can get an idea of it from here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxooHGCdd4o

Thanks a bunch

2. Tanner8

Tanner8 Thread Starter

Anyone have any idea with this? I need to use my mic, and I don't know how I can describe the problem and more clear. Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!