1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Microphone Unrecognizable

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by USBMicrophoneHelp, Jul 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USBMicrophoneHelp

USBMicrophoneHelp Thread Starter

Good Morning, my name is JP and this is my first post to tech guy forums, thanks in advance for your time/knowledge.

My experience with USB Microphones is this: Plug it in and Go... So you can imagine my horror when I purchased a USB Microphone, plugged it in and... Nothing. Microphone in question is the Denali Pro by Cyber Acoustics. EDIT- Sorry, I need to plug my headphones into the microphone itself as well.

For starters, I am using Windows 7 Ultimate (Old AF I know) and am currently using RealTek HD Audio Manager. From what I have gleaned online so far, I will not be able to use this microphone w/ RealTek and so the plan was to use my headset with RealTek, while using the microphone without RealTek, as apparently you can create this type of setting through devices/hardware.

The major problem here, is that the microphone will not appear as a recognized device when plugged into the USB, or at all for that matter. Device does not appear under recordings, nor under Device Manager. Since trying, I have uninstalled and reinstalled RealTek (Updated), along with un/re'ing all my USB ports in Device Manager, yet still the microphone is not recognized.

The Microphone itself has an LED on it and when plugged in, the LED lights up, which leads me to believe the microphone is in working condition, but other than that, I would have to say this thing is just outright dead or something...

So how can I get the microphone to appear on my devices list? I did pick this computer up from the pawn shop a while ago, maybe there is something wrong with it, I am not sure, but I went ahead and tested every USB port and every single one is good and functions, yet when the microphone is plugged in, nothing.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  2. Careys-New-BFF

Careys-New-BFF

I'm no tech, but my first thought would be to test the USB microphone on another desktop or laptop. If it works, you know that your system is the problem. If it does not work, the microphone is faulty.

Good luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229708

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice