USB mini monitor power question!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

soundbizzle

I have a new Samsung U70 USB Monitor.

It comes with a split USB cable that the manual tells me is needed to be plugged into TWO usb ports on my laptop. This is because it is powered via USB and needs the "extra power" i.e. two usb connections.

However, the cable was too short to reach two USB ports (they are on either side of laptop).

So i managed to install the driver with only one usb plugged in anyway. It also now powers up (and seems to work fine) with just one USB plugged in.

Could i damage it this way? Is it getting full power (maximum results) using one USB? Anything that could go wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online