USB Mouse issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pascalli2

Hello,

I recently built a new system using the folowing components:

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
nVidia GeForce 6800 Graphics Card
2 GB of OCZ Platinum RAM
AMD Athlon 64 4400+ Processor
2xWestern Digital Raptor 74GB SATA HDD
Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard/Mouse

Everything set up and installed fine (built it about 1 month ago), but about a week or two after building it, I started noticing two problems, and I'm not sure if they are related or not.

I) The sound (integrated) sometimes sounds almost like a record with a bit of a crackly, skipping effect.

II) My mouse occasionally stops working. It is connected by USB. What it does is occasionally freeze up and ignore all input (i.e. I move the mouse and press buttons, but the cursor just sits there). To verify that it is not hardware, i have connected a standard, wired USB mouse into my computer and experience the same issue. After 30 seconds to 1 minute, it will start responding again. Also, when I have both mice connected, when one freezes up, if I move the other mouse, it will make them both start responding again.

Anybody got any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online