1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB mouse not working, will work on other laptops/pc's

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AJ4, Jun 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJ4

AJ4 Thread Starter

Hi

My USB mouse has stopped working on my windows 10 laptop, I can use it on another PC but not my laptop. The touchpad works fine though. It's not a battery issue.
    The USB ports seem to work though as it recognises the mouse and also will recognise my flash drive.

Any suggestions?

2. Jackmtech

Jackmtech

It might be a driver conflict of some sort. Go to device manager, then uninstall anything that suggests that it is a USB mouse driver. You could also check System Information for any conflicts related to your USB mouse.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229225

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice