1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Network Joystick analog sticks turn in a square pattern

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by StodOne, Nov 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StodOne

StodOne Thread Starter

Hello , I am new here .
    The problem I am having with this joystick https://games.rs/media/catalog/prod...136e95/G/a/Gamepad_Gambird__525bbfcdf2a69.jpg is this , when i look at the gamepad calibration on windows 10 both analog sticks have deadzones in 4 direction up down left and right.
    Firstly when i move my analog stick half the way upward the little plus already reaches the top of the box , then as i start rotating the analog stick it doesent recognize my movement from left to right for a few dagrees then moves in a small window almost like a dpad but it is not instant it does travel from up to right and up but it has this deadzone that doesent let it move for a few dagrees when i am in either of these four directions : up down left and right.
    I dont want to forget to mention that the little plus in the box doesent move in a circle or even something close to a circle it just move in a square to the limit of the box.
    I am talking about this box.
    https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pXxJmvnv.../7aLp7a6LRQg/s640/usb_gamepad_calibration.jpg
    Thank you in advance to anyone who decides to waste his bit of time for me.
    By the way i am not really good with making those compact links like some people know neither am i good with forum controls and what not so yeah sorry :(

2. StodOne

StodOne Thread Starter

I gotta bump this i still have not found a solution
    I would also like to add that I have another joystick , original ps 2 joystick with an USB adapter so that I can connect it to a PC .
    Its sensitivity is perfect , I even need a deadzone because the analog stick is a little worn out , but the right analog stick is being wrongly recognized by the PC in the calibration tool it is showing X and Y axis for the left analog stick and Z axis and a slider for the right analog stick , and when i move the right analog stick the slider and Z axis move accordingly but when i get in a game i can only rotate the camera sideways I cannot look up or down which is really annoying .
    I tried using emulator same thing happens when i try to map the keys in a game it doesent recognize the slider at all and all i get is Z axis - and then a line of 3 Z Axis +

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218610

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice