USB Nonsense. Not working on one side.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Axeh

So, as the title may suggest, I've got a laptop where it has multiple usb ports. On the left side of my laptop it doesn't work. I don't understand the reason to as why. For a long time it had no issues, now suddenly they're both 100% unresponsive. They don't acknowledge that anything is plugged into them at all and I'm unsure of the route to take. I'm not sure if both ports have just crapped out and are no longer functioning. However none of the things I've found thus far have done me any good, hopefully you guys are able to help me more!
I don't get any text error messages of any kind, they don't react when anything is plugged into them, and the O.S I'm using is Windows 10.
If anyone can give me a hand, that'd be grand. Thanks a lot.

Have you checked in device manager to ensure they are functioning and the drivers for them are installed?

Do the USB ports feel loose when you try to inset the sticks? iv had many laptops for repair where the USB port come away from the motherboard and I have to soldier them.

There is also something you can check in registry however it untested

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies]
"WriteProtect"=dword:00000001

ensure the dword is 00000001 and not 00000000

CLOUDYMOON

MOON
Banned
Hi (y)

Sometimes they loose their solder connection from being jerked in and out, if way after you try everything else nothing works, get a tech to re-flow the board solder, it can be a crack so fine you will never see it.(n)

MOON:sleep:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts