USB not detected on Win 98??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

eminemence

Hi all,
I am trying to install USB ports on my Win98 machine.
I have tried all but Win98 does detect the Usb ports.
I have also installed the latest drivers , but to no avail.
Can somebody pls help. :confused:
Also can somebody tell me the meaning of the yellow and red colored
wires on the port connectors.
Bye.
--eminemence.

is there a chance that you may have mixed up the yellow and red wires ? they are +5volts and +12volts respectively. does the mobo have an onboard provision for the usb or are you installing a pci card ? ive googled your board on the web and tsg and didnt come up with any hits. i think the 810 is just the chipset. have you got belarc or everest installed. if so run it and post an id for that board.

have you checked in device manager for the device. it may need to be enabled there.

eminemence

i think it is more of the red and yellow wire problem.
Which should be connected where??
I have chked in the Device Manager but it does not show any entries.

im still waiting for some answers to the rest of the questions. it will help me to determine "what goes where" (patiently, of course)

eminemence

cavtek said:
is there a chance that you may have mixed up the yellow and red wires ? they are +5volts and +12volts respectively. does the mobo have an onboard provision for the usb or are you installing a pci card ? ive googled your board on the web and tsg and didnt come up with any hits. i think the 810 is just the chipset. have you got belarc or everest installed. if so run it and post an id for that board.
oh so sorry.
OK the motherboard has a onboard provision for USB and I am not
installing a PCI card.
I have mercury motherboard with 810 chipset.
I have never heard of everest or belarc.
I hope so I have answered them all.

no problem,im reviewing some of the posts in the discussion forums. some of them are very entertaining. and ive also been suudying a board similar to the board you have. it seems to be a 10 pin connector that fits to the board and there could be a opportunity to install it upside down. is that true with your setup ?

eminemence

Ok I have tried it all.
But now I will try this Everest sw and tell u the results soon.
Thanks for the replies.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
It appears that it can be attached to the motherboard only one way.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online