1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

usb on motherboard problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wolves_9, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolves_9

wolves_9 Thread Starter

I did a fresh install of xp, with a asus a7n8x-x motherboard, amdxp 2800, 512ram. the usb mouse didnt work through the installation, and none of the usbs worked when windows had installed. device manager had no yellow question marks to do with usb. Have tried istalling lastest drivers , and checked bios but that seems all in order, i have resetted bios settings stil hasnt made any difference. I am running out of ideas. Thanks for any help that you can give me

2. emoric

emoric

Well if you have a ps/2 mouse, I would use that until you get the usb mouse up and going. I'm going to say most likely it is the driver. Try going to the manufacturer's website or even a quick google search of the model should do it. :)

3. wolves_9

wolves_9 Thread Starter

hi thanks 4 the reply, i resetted the jumper to reset the bios, and this seemed 2 get the usbs on the back working, but the usbs on the front no matter how many usb i devies i try and use with them, it comes up usb device not recognized, i have connected the front usbs to the motherboard and double checked the wiring. it does acknowledge their has been a device plugged into the front, but it just comes up usb device not recognized.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594752

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice