USB Over Current Error!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

parman

After dell logo on screen I get this USB Over Current Error. It directs me to F1 to continue or F2 to setup. I've continued with F1 to bootup and it takes me to desktop and I am able to run programs. It's just this usb over current error that comes up each time at startup. My specs are:

Dell Inspiron 530s desktop computer
150GB HDD
2GB Ram
Processor Intel Celeron CPU 2.00ghz
32-bit Operating System
Windows Vista Basic SP2

parman

I have connected to the usb ports:

mouse
keyboard
G wireless Network Adapter

etaf

Wayne
disconnect them all and see if it still boots - mayget a keyboard error - one of the dvices maybe faulty on first turn on

parman

With only the monitor hook-up I get:

CMOS checksum error - Defaults loaded
USB over current error!

Press F1 to continue, F2 to enter SETUP

etaf

Wayne
that checksum, maybe a battery bios low - should not be an issue on having the keyboard and mouse disconnected BUT may just be a keyboard test

how old is the PC

parman

2007 model.The computer had not been used for 6 months. The psu had gone bad and I just bought a new one and then post screen would freeze before ever getting to screen with usb over current error. I changed the cmos battery and then was able to startup. After pressing f1 I am able to use computer. Just a nuisance with the usb over current error.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online