1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Over Current Status Detected....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dakk, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dakk

Dakk Thread Starter

2 days ago I got an error, USB Over Current Status Detected, System will shut down in 15 seconds!! I have an Asus board, model: p5b-e, I have tried everything to fix it. I have taken out the usb connectors and tried booting w/o them, i did a complete reset, one reset was over 8 hours, which wasn't necessary. I do believe i did find out where the problem came from though. On my computer case i have 2 2.0 usb ports one of them is broken. a black piece fell out and 2 metal pieces are stationed in the middle of the port. Even with reseting the mobo and booting with no usb connectors i get the same error. I contacted ASUS all they told me to do was to RMA it. I was surprise they had put no effort in trying to fix it. Maybe it unfixable. Im not sure but does anyone know what going on here with my pc? i would like to use it since im on vacation :( thnx in advance

specs:

500w psu

2x 1gb dual channel (only using one gig for now)

intel core 2 duo e6400

2. winbob

winbob

Very hard to say what's wrong, but if you RMA it, they may fix it and send the same one back to you. RMA does not mean, "get a new one"!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/556587

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice