1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Usb Over Current Status Detected

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by maddux9318, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. maddux9318

maddux9318 Thread Starter

All Of A Sudden When I Turn On My Computer I Am Getting This Usb Over Current Status Detected System Will Shut Down In 15 Seconds, Message. I Have No Idea What Has Happened Or How I Can Go About Fixing It. If Someone Could Please Help Me Out I Would Really Appreciate It. The Computer Is Only A Year And A Half Old. Thanks In Advance.

2. norton850

norton850

Since it was "all of sudden" I guess no hardware or other changes to the system? Any new USB devices that you have added? Do you have any front port USB connectors that might be shorting on the case? Using a USB hub? What's the make and model of the MB?

3. ARTETUREN

ARTETUREN

Max. current per one USB connector is 0.5 A, and every manufacturer take care on that. Follow the norton850`s replies.

4. maddux9318

My mother board is an Asus P5B. I do now remember that I had my external hard drive plugged into my USB connectors at the front and then I was going to plug in my digital camera, which I have done before without any problem, and it seems like since then it has come up with that message. Thanks for helping me it is really appreciated.

5. ARTETUREN

ARTETUREN

ten - ten, hard drives need supply over two USB connectors without external power supply

6. maddux9318

No I am not using a USB hub, how would I be able to tell if one of the USB ports on the front of my computer is causing a short? I am not too computer savvy so please speak to me like you're speaking to a child :eek:. Again thanks for the help

7. ARTETUREN

ARTETUREN

We don`t know whish USB is bad. After damaging error is continous. Try disconnect cable inside of Your PC from front USB port to the motherboard. Look into or blow in the front USB. Also maybe is Your mouse USB, very rare error...

8. maddux9318

I have unplugged my USB connection and the computer is working again. I plugged my external hard drive in and it is not recognizing any of the files on it, does this mean that my USB connectors are pooched?

9. ARTETUREN

ARTETUREN

Do you plug in HD on the back USB?
    Before plug in look in the in the USB connectors of HD.
    Probably.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/662305

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice