1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Over Current Status Detected.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FrancisM89, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrancisM89

FrancisM89 Thread Starter

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem. About 3 days ago I got the message 'USB Over Current Status Detected, THE PC WILL BE SHUT DOWN IN 15 SECONDS!!'. Unplugged my keyboard, mouse and internet reception booster thingy, replugged them in and everything worked fine.

The time between then and this morning everything worked fine, no problems. Went out to buy a new USB mouse as my last one the wheel was starting to become dodgy. Plugged that in this morning, turned on my PC and I'm getting that message again. Unplugged the mouse, keyboard and internet booster and I'm still getting the message.

I've turned the computer off, unplugged everything and replugged in everything but to no avail.

The motherboard I'm using is 'ASUS m4a77td'.

Basically I do not care if I end up without a USB slot, I have 8 and only use 3, so if there's anyway of disableing some of the ports in a sort of trial and error check?

If it is broken beyond quickfix repair and has to be sent off for repairs is there anyway to get work off of my PC as I've got revision on there for one of my last year university exams and dissertation work.

Any help would be majorly majorly appreciated.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971368

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice