1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB PCI Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KennyP, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KennyP

KennyP Thread Starter

Morning

I have a machine running me. I have installed a pci usb card into one of the pci slots and installed the relavant driver but any usb device are attached is not detected by the system. The system does not recognise the card. The card works fine on other systems.

Thanks
    Kennyp

2. paul selhi

paul selhi

when you say relevant driver i assume you mean that which came with the card, try the manufacturers site for any updates.

also reseat the card and check it is fully in it's slot

if add new h/w wizard does not detect it then manually add the device again via add new h/w wizard but chose the manual option

3. KennyP

KennyP Thread Starter

Morning

I have the latest driver for the card, tried seating it on another pci slot(other devices work on that slot) tried running the add hardware wizard with the maual install. No error messages, but any usb device I attached to the card is not picked up.

Kennyp

4. paul selhi

paul selhi

just been struggling with a usb scanner, and finally got the usb hub and scanner to work by disabling " enable legacy usb support" in the cmos ( bios set up)

may be this will work for you ?

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Does the card appear in device manager at all?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114868

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice