1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB port acting strangely

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ghost_rider, Nov 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghost_rider

ghost_rider Thread Starter

I'm using XP Sp2 and my PC has USB 2.0 ports. I had no problem with my usb ports until yesterday. I plugged a USB extension port to one of my USB port. Windows found a new device (usb root hub) and I plugged my usb pen drive to one of the extension port. But windows did not show any devices plugged in. I thought that may be the extension port is not right and I unplugged the hub. Then I plugged in my pendrive to one of my usb port. Windows recognizes the pendrive but a msg pops up saying "this device may work well if plugged into a high speed port"(something like that). Then I plugged the pendrive in my laptop(runs on Vista) and I get the same msg. What's wrong with my usb ports? They used to work fine before. Today I plugged in my pen drive to my pc and I get a msg saying usb device not recognized!!!! All the ports pops up this msg and one of the port doesn't recognize any device not even my printer!!

How can I fix this problem? What could be the problem?
    I have checked Device manager and there is a Enhanced Usb controller.

p.s. Usb extension port is for usb 1.1

Attached Files:

• usb.JPG
      usb.JPG
      File size:
      24.5 KB
      Views:
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/774170

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice