1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

usb port not working in a hp pavilion slimline

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by valeries25, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valeries25

valeries25 Thread Starter

i bought a hp pavilion slimline s7713w desktop from walmart about a year ago and i am having problems. my daughter put in a sd card in the media card reader and now my usb ports do not work (front or back) the light is on in the media card reader but their is nothing in it. i called hp and they told me to disconnect the usb port and the card reader on the motherboard but that didn't work. i updated the drivers and that also didn't work. my daughter has just recieved an ipod and it's useless if i cant event hook it up to my computer to put music on it (i also have a zune). i went to the geek squad and they said it sounds like i might have to change the motherboard. anyone have any ideas on what i can do before i do anything drastic (like buy a motherboard or something else).

thank you

valerie

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

Sounds like something is shorted where the card went in. Can you pull the plug off the keyboard that controls those readers?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752432

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice