1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Port Trouble Shooting...help me out

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LESMARJR, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LESMARJR

LESMARJR Thread Starter

my usb port doesnt read mp3 or printer/scanner plugs. i rebooted the system a couple weeks before, because of spyware. i've been told to check BIOS and the device manager, but all seems well. the usb port is supposedly recognized on the comp. what else can i do to trouble shoot? should i update the motherboard, and please thouroughly :confused: explain all attempts of help. thanks

2. zeddy

zeddy

Do you mean rebooted or reinstalled your operating system, if the latter you may need to install the USB drivers.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Unplug all your USB devices and then go to Device Manager. Now under the USB heading remove/uninstall all the USB hubs first and then all the USB Controllers. Now reboot and let Windows automatically reinstall all the drivers and then reboot for good measure. Now try plugging in the USB devices one at at time and check them to see if they work.

4. LESMARJR

LESMARJR Thread Starter

^^thanks dude. now i can print and download **** onto my mp3 playa...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272185

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice