1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB ports and, after a new install, Touchpad stopped working

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Win10Issues, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Win10Issues

Win10Issues Thread Starter

I'm using a Lenovo Z51-70 Type 80k6.

My touchpad stopped working properly a couple of days ago. I had a couple of blue screens too. Every time restarting fixed the problem.

Until two days ago It happened again. I did a restart and It fixed the problem, but my USB mouse stopped working.
    I used it on another device to make sure it's not the issue and did a quick search to find out what's my options. I tried everything I found online and nothing worked. In the end I uninstalled pointing device drivers and restarted again. This time windows gave me an "Inaccessible Boot Device" Error and didn't let me get into it. I found out my USB ports have stopped working too.
    I spent one day using every possible method but a clean install and, chkdsk didn't report any problems, troubleshooting options didn't work, even the reset failed. Since I couldn't format C to do a clean install, I installed an older version of win10 on another drive.

Now I could sign in my new user account, but again USB ports not working --- drivers didn't indicate any problems.
    After a couple of restarts my touchpad stopped working -code 10 in device manager: "This device cannot start"- and I couldn't get it to work by reinstalling drivers and changing power options.

I can't risk losing any of my files, so I'm avoiding any kind of HD format.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

PS: If I remember correctly Windows installed two major updates right before the second restart.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1199813

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice