Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

USB ports I have 4, one is 2.0 dunno which is

745 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  XbrvhrtX 
#1 ·
I have 4 USB ports. three are 1.1, and one is 2.0. I want to know which is 2.0, and which ones are 1.1 I know that one is 2.0, cause of this program i have called Karen's Computer profiler. Shows it.

Is there a program to show which one is? with tests or summt? cheers

#2 ·
Are all the ports on the motherboard? If so what motherboard do you have. Since USB ports are always in pairs, at least 2 will be 2.0 if not all. The motherboard manual will state if you have USB 2.0 ports and where they are located. If the card is an add-in then refer to its manual to see if its USB 2.0. Also USB 2.0 controllers appear aas Enhanced Universal Bus Controllers in Device Manager.

#3 ·
Well, I assumed that I only had one, as there was only one 2.0 on the profiler, where as there are 3 1.1.

I have 2 ports at the back, and 2 at the front. Dont know where they are attached or whatever. It says on the front of my computer that there is USB 2.0 support on a little sticker. Hehe

Any help in the attachment?, and What is that Standard Enhanced PCI to USB controller Doo-Wacky?

Attachments

#4 ·
ok this might sound stupid.. cos it prolly is? but er im guessing if u need to find out it means u have some kind of hardware that needs to run on usb 2.0

errr welll i've used the wrong port b4 2.0 on a 1.1 and it didnt blow up...

cant u just try the product that runs on 2.0 on all 4 sockets?

if its a 1.1 socket it just wont work ?
if its a 2.0 socket it will work?

and if u have all 1.1 hardware it will work in any?

am i oversimplifying things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.