USB Ports Malfunctioning

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JoWinters

Hi,

I have been going a bit crazy trying to fix the USB ports on my Alienware laptop w/ Windows 10 operating system.

For the longest time none of the ports worked. I tried many many things and finally wiped the entire system hoping that a fresh start would fix the issue. Now one of the ports (out of 4) works with only certain separately powered devices. When other devices (USB sticks and even some self powered devices) are plugged into the slot the computer will recognize and then eject whatever is plugged in repetitively until it is unplugged. The rest of the ports wont recognize anything even for a second.

I have tried the following......
- Uninstalling all of the hubs
- Updating drivers
- Deselecting the option for the computer to control the power to each port
- Registry scan and clean
- Unplugging the computer and removing the battery to reset the power functionality to the hubs

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The KB4090913 cumulative update was released yesterday and the KB4090914 servicing stack update was released today for Windows 10 Version 1709 Build 16299.

Both updates haven't appeared yet in the Windows Update function in my computer, so I downloaded and saved and installed them manually.

Capture.JPG

--------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online