USB ports, new laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

greg0ry

I have a new (refurbished) HP Compaq 6910 laptop and tried my external (wired) usb keyboard, amazon basics, which previously worked. I got no message. No device not recognized. Nothing. I tried a Logitech mouse as well. Same thing. Then I went to Control Panel and Manage, and rescanned. Nothing. I found my automatic settings were off (for driver update) and turned on. Nothing. Troubleshooter said device had been detected. I'm going to find my USB data stick and try that, too, but also, diagnostics say all ports are working. I'm confounded.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Open the services console (services.msc) scroll down the list and make sure that Plug and Play is running

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I have a new (refurbished) HP Compaq 6910 laptop
I'm guessing you actually have a HP Compaq 6910p laptop.

What's the part/product number(P/N) on yours?

Depending on which one you have, it originally came with Windows XP Professional 32-bit or Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit or Windows Vista Business 32-bit.

Which Windows version did yours come refurbished with?

-----------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Windows 7
Is it Windows 7 Home Premium or Professional or Ultimate, 32-bit or 64-bit?

HP Compaq 3910p
HP Compaq does not have a model "3910p".

----------------------------------------------------------

Which refurbished company did you buy that laptop from?

I'm starting to wonder if it's defective.

----------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online