1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB ports no longer working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Peasento, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peasento

Peasento Thread Starter

I have a desktop that's about a year and a half old that I'm running Windows XP on. I took my computer home over the Christmas break and everything was fine. It was when I moved it back to school that I started having problems. The first night it was here, my iPhone charged fine, but my computer didn't recognize it at all. Then the next day, my USB mouse stopped working. I got a PS/2 adaptor for it, and my mouse is working fine now, but now nothing I plug into any of the USB ports works. Mouse, keyboard, different mouse, camera, iPod, iPhone, none of them receive any power and are not recognized by my computer as being plugged in at all. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and the ports themselves, and doing a system restore didn't help, so what could be the problem?

2. Computer_Genius

Computer_Genius

Hey...

Try

Start/Run/ Type msconfig/OK

Then go to services

Make sure Plug and play is checked along with universal plug and play.:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/791277

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice