1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB ports no longer working?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by philross2010, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philross2010

philross2010 Thread Starter

Hi there,
    I have a Dell Dimension 5150 Dual Core 2.66 Ghz, 512mb Ram, 250 Gb Sata HDD, DVD+/-RW and DVD(Read), Win XP Home. Internal 13-in-1 card reader. ATI Radeon X600 256Mb Graphics Card. However there are no PS2 ports !!!!!
    So I have to use a USB keyboard and USB mouse.
    I have recently had cause to fit an pci ethernet card, just after I booted up the USB mouse wouldnt work, then I booted again and all seemed fine. For about 3 weeks everything was fine - then after booting up again, both the USB mouse and USB keyboard wouldnt work. It didnt matter what USB port I tried (there are 4 at the back and 2 at the front).
    I have managed to get into the BIOS, and the USB controller is enabled.
    However Windows XP boots up fine but no mouse or keyboard will work, how can I solve the problem, if I can't use a USB mouse/keyboard.
    Any help will be gratefully received.
    Thanks in anticipation - Phil Ross

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/961047

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice