1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB ports not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CAI, Nov 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CAI

CAI Thread Starter

Good Day All,
    Unfortunately for me, I was one of those that succumbed to the dark-side and purchased an Emachine. Now I know that Emachine has a bad rep, especially when it comes to the power supply. I have had my Emachine for 4 years now, and the power supply finally gave out. As far as I was concerned, not a problem. I replaced the power supply, it booted up the OS just fine. With one small exception, my USB ports will not work anymore. I have updated the drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled. Still they wont work. So i figured I would come ask the experts, before going out and purchasing PCI Slot USB Cards. Is there something I missed, something I did not connect when installing the new power supply, besides the dumb mistake of buying the Emachine is there any other dumb mistake I may have done??????? :confused: Thanks in advance for any help on this ppl.

2. Sponsor

3. axis77

axis77

are you sure they are enabled in your bios. just to make sure you should double check...

4. CAI

CAI Thread Starter

Hey Axis77,
    Sorry forgot to mention that didn.t I, lol. Yeah, I did check the BIOS. They were enabled.
    Thank You.

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

What do you mean "with one small exception"? And when you look at the USB controllers and hubs in the Device Manager -- are all listed as "working properly"?

And what Windows version is this? XP needs a Service Pack upgrade for USB 2.0

6. CAI

CAI Thread Starter

Rollin'Rog,
    Well considering how the power supply went out (it wasn't pretty), I was figuring for the worse. However, after I replaced the power supply, the only thing not to work was the USB ports. Device manager shows that they are working properly. OS is XP Pro w/SP2 and all the little XP fixes that have come along after SP2 release.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/415344