1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Ports not working...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by the.avishek, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. the.avishek

the.avishek Thread Starter

:confused:Hi Guys...

USB Ports of my Computer r not working.....Where as drivers 4 USB Ports r inst. & also USB functions ENABLED in BIOS...

2. mcnaryxc

mcnaryxc

Ok, what OS are you running? Have you done any updates lately? Any firmware or driver updates?

3. the.avishek

Hi...

I'm currently working with Windows XP (SP3) & yes USB Driver Update done recently(when Ports r not working)..

4. MaD_KiLLeR

MaD_KiLLeR

did you build it or company built?

5. the.avishek

Hi..
    It is a ACER built machine...

6. letchworth

letchworth

Do you have media card readers in the case? Reason I ask is that a similar thing happened to me with my last machine- the card reader went bad and that took the USB with it.

Short answer is that upon unplugging the card reader (Internal USB connection cable from card reader) and reboot brought back my USB. (Of course that was after installing extra PCI card & now the machine has 8-10 USB ports-- oh, well)

Hope this helps
    letchworth

7. the.avishek

Hi...
    I have no internal or external card reader...

8. Ronnie21158

Ronnie21158

i have an Acer Aspire 3100 series and some how i can't get my usb ports to work, eve
    evry-time i plug in the flash drive or my external hard drive it doesnt detect and can't reconize it and i have windows vista. what can i do ?

Rhonda Anderson

9. Sphinx

Sphinx

if they have worked previously but are not working now, completely turn off the computer and unplug from any power source (if laptop, take out battery). Wait a few minutes and turn it back on.

10. Ronnie21158

Ronnie21158

yes they did work at one time when i first got the laptop and now they dont want to work now.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/744178

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice