1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Ports Not Working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JaredSP, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaredSP

JaredSP Thread Starter

So i kept getting a pop up saying one of my usb ports was malfunctioning. I restarted my computer and now my usb ports that are in the back of my desktop are not working. They arent even showing up in my manager. The two in the front of my desktop are showing up but those dont work either. The good news is that i have access to my computer because i run teamviewer and can control that pc from my laptop. Ive tried uninstalling everything in my USB controllers and restarting it comes back with the same two USB root hus which im assuming are the two in the front. If someone would be willing to i could get them connected to the pc using teamviewer to fix this issue.

2. BassHole

BassHole Banned

USB ports are native to the MB. If they do not show in device manager, the MB is bad. Replace MB is only option.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/779504

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice