1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB ports not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ayandyan, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ayandyan

ayandyan Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a desktop PC which has USB ports on the front and the back sides. I tried plugging in a flash drive (works well on other PCs) on both sides but there is no response. i checked on the device manager the properties of the USB ports and it says its working properly. i checked at the BIOS to make sure its enabled, i shut down and removed the power cord, plugged it back in and restarted the pc, uninstalled and reinstalled my USB controllers. i was still not successful. i opened the CPU and the physical connections inside and there seem to be no problem.

There is though this one suspicious Unknown Device under the Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Its properties says that there are no drivers installed for the device. I ran DriverGuide Toolkit to get more details on this device but this is the only info i could get:

Class: USB
    Version: 5.1.2600.0
    Date: 07/01/2001
    Manufacturer: (Standard USB Host Controller)
    ---------------------------------------------
    Capabilities: 0
    Class: USB
    ClassGUID: {36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}
    CompatibleIDs: USB\UNKNOWN
    ConfigFlags: 0
    DeviceDesc: Unknown Device
    HardwareID: USB\UNKNOWN
    LocationInformation: USB Device
    Mfg: (Standard USB Host Controller)

I'm not sure if this device has anything to do with all the ports that are not working but if you have any idea what might be going on with my PC, I am dying to hear from you. Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/955492

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice