USB Ports not working.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Animosesity

I just got a refurbished laptop for christmas and none of the usb ports work. I've tried putting different devices in but none work, despite working on my other computer/laptop. I was thinking maybe because it was a shop model (refurbished), the usb ports have been disabled or something?

Thanks, x

Check under the device manager tab to make sure you dont have any unknown devices.
Start>Right Click Computer>properties>Device Manager.

Welcome to TSG forums
Like Jackshadows suggest, open the device manager. Is there a yellow ! or X by anything there?
Right click on USB controller, select properties, remove. Immediately reboot the computer and let Windows find and re-install it.
Post back and let us know how it goes.
Vicks

You could try downloading USD Deview, anytime someone comes to me with a problem on the USB ports, using it resolves most issues they have.

You could try downloading USD Deview, anytime someone comes to me with a problem on the USB ports, using it resolves most issues they have.
I d/l this but I don't know what to do at this point. There is a LOT of information. One of the columns shows date of Last Plugin which was a flash drive I plugged in yesterday. But it's not recognized so that I can open it up. Nothing works.

I've attached the results of my d/l. Hope someone can help out.

Thanks.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online