USB Ports Not Working?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Frank2001

I have Windows XP and having been using this laptop for well over a year now but suddenly as soon as I plugged in my iPod the other day, (Which I have done many times before without a problem) I get a message at the bottom of the screen telling me there's a power surge in my hub port. I also noticed that my iPod wasn't being recognized. So I unplugged my iPod, afraid that it would fry it or something and haven't used the laptop for a few days now.
Well, now I've decided to move all my files to a new computer seeming as how this one looks like it's going to have problems but the thing is, my USB ports won't recognize anything anymore! I need to be able to plug in my flashdrive one last time to transfer all my files but my computer won't recognize it. It's like the drivers are shot. I have no idea what to do, I really want to be able to transfer all these files before I ditch the computer. Help?

I get a message at the bottom of the screen telling me there's a power surge in my hub port
Are you using an external USB hub, or are you talking about the ports on the laptop itself?

If you have a hub plugged in, disconnect it and try a flash drive plugged directly into the laptops usb port.

Frank2001

The hub ports on the laptop itself is what was giving me the problem, I kept getting an error message that there was a power surge, I'm not sure what that means.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online