USB Ports Wont Work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AntnyMI

I just installed XP Pro and I can't get the two USB plugs on the front of the PC to work. The two on the back of the PC (built onto the mobo) work fine, but when I plug something into the ones on the front, nothing is detected and nothing happens. They were all working fine before I installed the OS. Also, I tried the mobo mfctr's website (giga-byte) but couldn't find anything.

Incidentally, the device manager shows four USBs (two marked "USB Root Hub" and two marked "VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller." All show as working but I selected Update Driver on each just in case. The Update Wizard responded that it "could not find a better match for [my] hardware than the software currently have installed."

HOW CAN I GET THIS TO WORK! :confused:

AntnyMI

Yes. SP1 came w/the disk and all updates have been installed. I also installed the drivers from the mobo disk.
Still not working. Any other suggestions?

AntnyMI said:
Yes. SP1 came w/the disk and all updates have been installed. I also installed the drivers from the mobo disk.
Still not working. Any other suggestions?
It may sound abvious and stupid, but are they connected to the M/B?

There will be two grey colored cables coming from the front of your case. These are probably not attached. If you look on your mobo, or the manual, you will find the proper connectors to attach them to.

dai

if they were working before then
go into the device manager
delete all usb
click on the monitor icon at the top to scan for h/ware changes
and windows will reinstall

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts